Location: Heysham, Lancashire
Art Medium: Watercolour, gouache pastels, oils
Style: Semi-abstract, colourful, expressive
Influences: Cezanne, Degas, Turner, Klee, Macke, Delaunay, De Stael, Vaughan.
- Foundation Course, Doncaster College of Art 1976/77
- B.A (Hons) Fine Art, University of Central Lancashire (formerly Preston Polytechnic) 1977-1980
- Certificate in Education, University of Manchester 1982 – 1984
“Living by the shores of Morecambe Bay, I am surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of the Forest of Bowland, the Lake District, and the Yorkshire Dales, which provide the inspiration for many of my paintings.
I love to walk through the countryside and sit and sketch the shapes and colours as they emerge and then dissolve in the ever-changing light. Back in my studio I explore the resonance of these moments, using colour to convey my emotional response to the landscape.”
- 1990 - North West Regional Quality Assurance award - Children’s A&E Mural, Lancaster Royal Infirmary
- 2006 - Original painting ‘The Sweet Shop - Kirkby Lonsdale’ bought by Cadbury for their 2006 centenary celebrations and now hangs at their Head Office
- 2012 - Original painting ‘Approaching Storm - Morecambe Bay’ bought for Britain’s ParliamentaryArt. Collection and now hangs in the House of Lords, London
- 2013 - Painting commission by EDF to celebrate 25 & 30 years Heysham Power Stations
Since graduating in 1980 Patricia has shown her paintings in galleries and exhibitions in the North West of England and across the UK including Newcastle, London and Edinburgh.
- 2004 – Patricia was one of 12 artists chosen to represent Artists from the North West in the ‘Summer Exhibition’ in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
- 2015 - Artists & Illustrators ‘Artist of the Year’ exhibition Mall Galleries, London
- 2016 - ‘A Feeling for Landscape’ Solo show, Severn Gallery, Brantwood, Coniston, Cumbria
- 2018 - ‘Open Media Exhibition’ Royal Birmingham Society of Artists, RBSA gallery, Birmingham